Chef Guy's Artisan Cheese-Stuffed Mushrooms
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 5 min | Servings: 25 apps | Calories: 67
- 1 pound fresh button mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove stems from mushrooms; chop and reserve. Place mushroom caps on foil-lined baking sheet; drizzle with 1 Tbsp. oil.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Add mushroom stems, onion and garlic and cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in breadcrumbs, 1 cup cheese and salt and pepper.
- Fill mushroom caps with stuffing mixture; top with remaining cheese. Bake in preheated 400°F oven for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve warm.